We are looking for an experienced engineer to lead our BackEnd team. The BackEnd team is responsible for building and managing large distributed components that run the game. This team handles everything that is related to core game logic. You should be passionate about solving complex problems and building platforms and get work done from a team, keeping scalability, accuracy, and efficiency in mind while being hands-on with coding.
- Design and develop large scale distributed services while contributing and providing feedback to your team members
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products
- Deliver results on schedule
- Take ownership of one or more components of the platform and drive it
- Improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of the system
- Work closely with product management and design teams to define and refine feature specifications
- Managing project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Participate actively in the recruitment and nurturing of engineers as awesome as you
Education and Experience Required
- 8+ years of experience with a solid foundation in computer science and strong competency in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience of managing a team
- You should be hands-on in coding yourself
- You should have experience of dealing with stake holders for features and product detailing
- Never be afraid to use new technology tools and have the attitude to never give up on a problem
- NodeJS expert with solid understanding of Socket.io, Redis, & RPC
- Good knowledge of one or more RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of the nuances of distributed systems, scalability, and availability
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, and memory usage
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development
- A strong familiarity with Web Server technologies including Redis, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch, Kafka, gulp, etc.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge are a must.
- Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc
- Good understanding of Server-Oriented Architecture
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Excellent communication skills. Putting your thoughts through to other stakeholders in a cohesive manner should never be a problem for you.